Citizens Bank Foundation announces more than $250,000 in grants to Massachusetts nonprofits on first-ever Giving Tuesday
Donations announced as Citizens continues its holiday food drive with The Greater Boston Food Bank
BOSTON – The Citizens Bank Foundation today is participating in the first-ever “Giving Tuesday” by announcing it will award more than $250,000 in grants to Massachusetts nonprofit organizations. Styled after Black Friday and Cyber Monday, “Giving Tuesday” is a campaign of more than 1,400 organizations to create a national day of giving at the start of the annual holiday season. It celebrates and encourages charitable activities that support nonprofit organizations.
The “Giving Tuesday” initiative is endorsed by groups including the Giving Institute and the Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy.
The Citizens Bank Foundation grants announced today follow the bank’s donation last week of 100,000 meals to the Greater Boston Food Bank, a number it seeks to double through outreach to its customers and the general public. Public donations can be made online at www.gbfb.org/citizensbank through December 22.
The grants announced today will be distributed as follows:
- $50,000 to the Boston Main Streets Foundation
- $30,000 to the Paul Revere Memorial Association
- $25,000 to The Partnership
- $20,000 to Boston Children’s Chorus
- $20,000 to Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries
- $20,000 to Neighborhood Housing Services of the South Shore
- $15,000 to the Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center
- $15,000 to the Boston Foundation
- $10,000 to the Appalachian Mountain Club
- $10,000 to the Community Resources for Justice
- $10,000 to the Ellis Memorial & Eldredge House
- $10,000 to MASSCAP
- $10,000 to Robert F. Kennedy Children’s Action Corps
- $10,000 to Somerville Community Corporation
“During the busy holiday season, Citizens Bank recognizes the importance of giving back in any form that individuals and companies are able, from volunteering at a local soup kitchen to donating a warm coat to providing financial support to outstanding nonprofit organizations,” said Jerry Sargent, President of Citizens Bank and RBS Citizens, Massachusetts. “In the spirit of Giving Tuesday, Citizens Bank celebrates Massachusetts organizations working to meet the needs of our communities.”
About the Citizens Bank Foundation
Citizens Bank Foundation is a subsidiary of the Citizens Charitable Foundation, which is a charitable contributions vehicle of RBS Citizens Financial Group, Inc., RBS Citizens, N.A. and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania. The foundation’s support is focused on human services, affordable housing and economic development. RBSCFG’s website is citizensbank.com.