Applications for Citizens Bank and WMUR-TV Champions in Action award due March 9
Nonprofit focusing on Neighborhood Development to receive $35,000 grant and media coverage
New Hampshire (February 22, 2012) – Citizens Bank and WMUR-TV are currently accepting applications for the next Champion in Action in the category of Neighborhood Development. The Champions in Action® program provides financial, volunteer and public relations support to nonprofits that have demonstrated success in addressing designated concerns in their communities.
Applications can be completed online at www.citizensbank.com/community/champions. All applications must be received by March 9, 2012. The winner will be announced in July.
Launched in 2002, the Champions in Action program is designed to recognize and support nonprofit organizations for their contributions to New Hampshire communities. This year marks the 10th anniversary of this signature program, which now operates in seven markets across the Citizens Financial Group footprint.
The selected Champions in Action will be honored for six months and will receive:
- An unrestricted $35,000 grant;
- Coverage from WMUR-TV, including public service announcements and TV profiles;
- Volunteer support from Citizens Bank colleagues and from WMUR-TV;
- Public relations support;
- Promotional support, including advertising in Citizens Bank branches, on Citizens Bank ATMs, and on the Citizens Bank and WMUR-TV websites; and
- The opportunity for the organization’s executive director to participate in a “president-to-president” mentorship with Citizens Bank of New Hampshire President Joe Carelli.
To be eligible for consideration, an organization must:
- Be a New Hampshire-based nonprofit organization that serves New Hampshire and addresses the designated social concern;
- Provide verification of tax-exempt status under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code; and
- Have a total operating budget of $5 million or less.
For more information about the Champions in Action program, visit citizensbank.com/community
About Citizens Bank
Citizens Bank is a division of RBS Citizens, N.A., operating its seven-state branch network in Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont. It has 82 branches and 203 ATMs in New Hampshire.
RBS Citizens, N.A. is a subsidiary of Citizens Financial Group, Inc., a $132 billion commercial bank holding company headquartered in Providence, R.I. CFG’s two bank subsidiaries are RBS Citizens, N.A. and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania. They operate a 12-state branch network under the Citizens Bank brand in Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont, and the Charter One brand in Illinois, Michigan and Ohio. CFG has non-branch retail and commercial offices in more than 30 states. CFG is owned by RBS (The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc).
WMUR-TV (Ch. 9) is an ABC-TV affiliate headquartered in Manchester, N.H., and is owned and managed by Hearst-Argyle Television, Inc., one of the nation's largest television station groups. Founded in 1954, WMUR-TV is New Hampshire's largest commercial TV station, reaching more than a million people. The station's news, feature and sports coverage has won numerous awards for professional and journalistic excellence. WMUR-TV is considered the broadcast news source of record for New Hampshire's first-in-the-nation presidential primary election. WMUR-TV provides online news and information at www.WMUR.com.