RBS Citizens Financial Group announces Bank Better technology upgrades: New ATMs, paperless branches, enhanced Mobile Banking
New teller platform makes for simpler transactions in Citizens Bank and Charter One branches, with no more paper slips
More than 1,600 new ATMs extend the banking day, with deposits registering for “today” as late as 10 p.m. on business days
Launches new Mobile Banking app for iPad®, adds Popmoney® and other features to app for iPhone® and Android™ phones
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – RBS Citizens Financial Group, Inc. today announced a new round of Bank Better enhancements for Citizens Bank and Charter One customers: technology upgrades enhancing the customer experience across multiple banking channels including branches, ATMs and mobile devices.
The convenience of “paperless banking” is now available in Citizens Bank and Charter One branches following the implementation of a new digital teller system that makes it easy for customers to authenticate identity with debit cards and initiate transactions without paper slips.
At the same time, the bank’s replacement of more than 1,600 ATMs with new machines is enabling customers to extend the banking day for ATM deposits as late as 10 p.m. on business days.
The bank that brought customers award-winning* Mobile Banking apps for iPhone and Android, has now launched a Mobile Banking app for iPad. In addition, the bank’s Mobile Banking apps for iPhone and Android now offer Popmoney and other enhanced bill-paying services that were previously only available through Online Banking.
These customer technology enhancements follow a variety of recent updates to the bank’s products as part of its broader Bank Better initiative making banking simple, clear and personal for Citizens Bank and Charter One customers.
“Our customers have told us that they want to be able to bank when, where and how they want,” said Brad Conner, Vice Chairman of Consumer Banking. “These new features provide convenient banking options whether a customer is on-the-go or visiting one of our branches. With these new platforms now in place and delivering for our customers, we look forward to being able to offer even more convenience in the future as the technology continues to evolve.”
Details of the new and enhanced features include:
- State-of-the-Art ATMs. Customers can make ATM deposits as late as 10 p.m. local time on a business day and still have the deposits count as “today,” so even if a customer is running late, the bank is still “open.” The new ATMs feature envelope-free deposits and receipts with images of deposited checks, making it easier and more convenient to deposit checks and cash at any time.
- New Mobile Banking App for iPad. The app’s optimized interface provides a dashboard home page view that makes it easy to complete key tasks with a few simple taps. The app allows customers to view account balances, transactions and check images; pay bills and manage billers; transfer funds; and locate branches and ATMs. It also includes the ability to view eStatements and reset user IDs and passwords.
- Enhanced bill-paying features for iPhone and Android. The bank’s award-winning mobile banking apps now provide the ability to manage billers (add, edit and delete billers) and use Popmoney®, a person-to-person service that allows customers to make payments using an email address, mobile phone number or account details. The Mobile Banking app for iPhone has also been upgraded for iOS7.
- Convenient Paperless Branch Transactions. Customers can initiate transactions by swiping their debit card and entering their PIN on a new device at every teller station – no additional ID required and no paper slips required. In addition to increasing customer convenience, the digital teller system eliminates more than 72 million paper forms, or more than 150 tons of paper every year.
These new features join recent Bank Better enhancements, including:
- One Deposit Checking, where just one deposit each statement period – of any amount – waives the monthly maintenance fee.
- Protecting customers from overdraft fees for transactions of $5 or less, with the bank’s signature innovation, $5 Overdraft Pass™.
- Creating a new option for students looking to refinance or consolidate their private student loan debt with the Education Refinance Loan, designed to help simplify private student loan payments.
- New Checking Account Guides and an online overdraft resource center for customers.
Money Magazine recently selected Citizens Bank and Charter One as one of nation’s best banks in its 2013 list of "The Best Banks in America," recognizing the company for its level of customer convenience.
To learn more about Citizens Bank, customers can call the 24/7 customer contact center at 1-800-922-9999, Like the bank on Facebook, follow the bank on Twitter or visit the Citizens Bank website.
About RBS Citizens Financial Group, Inc.
RBS Citizens Financial Group, Inc. is a $120 billion commercial bank holding company. It is headquartered in Providence, R.I., and through its subsidiaries has approximately 1,400 branches, over 3,500 ATMs and more than 18,000 colleagues. It operates a branch network in 12 states and has non-branch retail and commercial offices in more than 30 states. Its two bank subsidiaries are RBS Citizens, N.A., and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania. They operate a branch network under the Citizens Bank brand in Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont; and the Charter One brand in Illinois, Michigan and Ohio. RBSCFG is owned by RBS (The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc). RBSCFG’s website is citizensbank.com.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Apple, the Apple logo, iPad and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Wireless carrier, text and/or data charges may apply. Popmoney® and the Popmoney logo are registered trademarks of CashEdge, a division of Fiserv. All Rights Reserved.
*Javelin Strategy & Research 2013 and U.S. Banking Apps Report: Customer Reviews 2013. 2013 Highest Mobile Banking Smartphone Ratings. Top 5 in Mobile Banking Smartphone Ratings