Student Loan Lenders
Learn what to do if your school doesn't have a preferred lender list
While billions of dollars in institutional aid goes to post-secondary students each year, on top of billions more in federal student loans, even those two sources cannot close the gap between what families have saved for college and what college actually costs. For most students, that means securing loans from private student loan lenders, such as banks and credit unions.
For years, many college students and their families have relied on lists of preferred lenders to help find the best student loan lender for their particular needs. These are lists of student loan lenders, maintained by an institution's financial aid office, that have in the past provided good service to that school's students. Many schools—probably a majority—still maintain such lists. In the case that your school doesn't offer a preferred student loan lender list, how can you find the right lender?
Consider these questions as you begin your search for a private student loan lender:
- Does the institution lend in the geography that includes my school of choice?
- Are its interest rates competitive?
- Are there repayment options that let you defer payments while in school?
- Are the other loan terms attractive, such as grace periods, deferments for inability to pay, etc?
- Does the institution have online banking, and if so, does it offer rewards for paying online, such as a break in the interest rate?
Citizens Bank is a trusted student loan lender with over 25 years of experience in the student financing industry. Learn how we continue to make education affordable for a variety of prospective students, like you, with our private student loan options.
Find out more about our affordable Citizens Bank TruFit Student Loan®
Take advantage of our convenient and affordable Citizens Bank TruFit Student Loan®. If you still have questions, call a student loan specialist at 1-800-708-6684, and we'll help walk you through the process.