Unexpected expenses like books, computers and travel can come up during any semester. A school-certified
private loan, like our TruFit Student Loan® helps fill the financial gap and picks up where
grants, scholarships and federal loans leave off.
Enjoy the following Features and Benefits:
- Zero Fees.
- 0.50% interest rate reduction for automatic payments from any eligible Citizens Bank account or, 0.25% interest rate reduction for automating payments from any eligible non-Citizens Bank account.
- Flexible repayment options including the ability to defer payments until after graduation.
- Convenient disbursements sent directly and electronically to your school.
- Fixed rate option as low as 5.75%.¹ Variable interest rate option as low as one month LIBOR plus 2.50%¹
- Easy qualification² with minimal income requirements.
- We strongly encourage students with little or no credit history to apply with a qualified cosigner to increase their chances of being approved. A qualified cosigner can also help the borrower secure a lower interest rate.
All accounts are subject to individual credit approval.
Interest rates and benefits listed above only apply to students attending certain eligible institutions. For questions please call our Education Finance Specialists at 1-888-411-0272.
¹ Interest rates as low as one-month LIBOR (London Inter-bank Offer Rate) plus 2.00% if borrowers take advantage of the 0.50% interest rate reduction for automating payments from any eligible Citizens Bank account. Alternatively, borrowers may receive a 0.25% interest rate reduction for automating payments from any non-Citizens Bank account. Borrowers must reside in the following state in order to open eligible Citizens Bank account: CT, DE, MA, NH, NJ, NY, OH, IL, MI, PA, RI, VT. Variable rate, based on the one-month London Interbank Offered Rate ("LIBOR") published in The Wall Street Journal on the twenty-fifth day, or the next business day, of the preceding calendar month. As of May 1, 2013, the one-month LIBOR rate is 0.20%. Variable interest rates range from 2.70% - 8.95% (2.70% - 8.71% APR) and will fluctuate over the term of your loan with changes in the LIBOR rate and may vary based on applicable terms and presence of a co-signer. Fixed interest rates range from 5.75% - 11.75% (5.75% - 11.51% APR) based on applicable terms and presence of a co-signer. Subject to additional terms and conditions and rates subject to change at any time. Citizens Bank reserves the right to modify interest rates and loan margins at any time without notice. Such changes will only apply to applications taken after the effective date of change. Please note: Due to federal regulations, Citizens Bank is required to provide every potential borrower with disclosure information before they apply for the private student loan. You will be presented with an Application Disclosure within the application process before you accept the terms and conditions of your loan.
² Eligibility equirements: student must be enrolled at least half-time in a degree-granting program at an eligible institution. They must be a US citizen or permanent resident, or have a US citizen cosigner. Student must be of legal borrowing age in their state of residence. International students can apply with a creditworthy US citizen or permanent resident cosigner.