Citizens Financial Group Signature Programs
Financial assistance is available to eligible colleagues who are going through domestic or international adoption proceedings. Colleagues are also allowed one week of paid leave for all fathers, mothers and domestic partners who adopt a child.
Be Inspired Award
In recognition of the contributions they make to the community, CFG launched a volunteer recognition program in 2007 to celebrate its colleagues who perform exemplary service to the community. Be Inspired awards provide colleagues who inspire others to engage in giving back to the community. Winners are chosen by state selection committees consisting of Citizens colleagues and community leaders.
- As part of the program, Citizens donates $2,500 on behalf of those recognized to non-profits of the winners' choosing, generating a total of $30,000 in financial support for these organizations in Citizens' service area annually.
- In 2009, 66 percent of our colleagues gave of their time to volunteer in their local communities. Over the past three years, CFG colleagues have volunteered more than 571,000 hours, representing a value of $11.5 million to the nonprofits.
The CFG Scholars Program assists eligible children of Citizens employees with the high cost of college. Citizens will award up to 50 scholarships of up to $3,000 each through Scholarship America.
Champions in Action
Started in 2003, CFG's signature program, Champions in Action, recognizes and supports a non-profit chosen by colleagues each quarter and devotes numerous resources to help that organization thrive. Each non-profit receives $25,000 from the Citizens Charitable Foundation, ATM screen and online banking donation solicitations, Web visibility, and active participation by our volunteers and vendors.
- To date, more than 100 organizations throughout New England, the Mid-Atlantic and Midwest have benefited from the program.
- CFG has invested more than $2.5 million, along with thousands of volunteer hours.
Community Service Sabbaticals
The Community Sabbatical Program sends CFG colleagues into the community to do hands-on work, full time for three months at non-profit social services agencies. Since its inception in 1994, more than 60 colleagues have participated in the Sabbatical program.
Gear for Grades
Through our footprint-wide “Gear for Grades” program, Citizens Bank and Charter One purchases more than 25,000 backpacks, which are then stuffed by colleagues and other volunteers with donated supplies. The backpacks are distributed to underprivileged children in community organizations, the foster care system, and after-school programs. The program, first launched in Rhode Island in 2003, was created in response to many requests to assist children who would otherwise return to school in the fall empty-handed because of the extravagant costs associated with buying school supplies.
Home Buyer Assistance
Citizens' Home Buyer Assistance Program was created in June 2002 as part of the company's commitment to being a best place to work for its colleagues. Eligible employees receive $5,000, five-year forgivable loans toward the purchase of primary residences and $8,000, five-year forgivable loans toward homes located in emerging communities.
CFG's military leave program offers additional support and benefits to colleagues called to active duty for any military service.
For any colleague called to active duty, CFG will:
If a spouse or child is called to active duty, CFG will:
- Pay the difference between their CFG pay and their military pay for the duration of their active duty,
- Offer the continuation of medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, and
- Provide the colleague with a comparable position upon their return from leave.
- Grant up to five consecutive days of paid leave during their in-service, and
- Pay for up to $500 of colleague travel expenses.
- Citizens is one of only 15 companies nationwide to receive the 2005 Secretary of Defense Freedom Award, the highest award a company can receive for its support of the National Guard and Reserve.