Living in Retirement
This is your time. Enjoy every second of it.
Manage your money while living in retirement
You can manage your retirement funds with careful planning, investing, and a diligent review.
Ask a Citizens Financial Consultant for an objective second look at your retirement income plan and learn:
- How to adjust your savings withdrawal rate to extend your assets.
- How to strengthen a longer retirement using insurance.
- How to adjust your asset allocation.
- How to receive more predictable retirement income from annuities.
- How to handle Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) of income after you turn 70.
Living in Retirement FAQs
How do I determine a withdrawal strategy?
An annuity allows you to accumulate tax-deferred funds for retirement and receive a guaranteed retirement income, which can be either payable for life or for a specified period of time—usually a term of five or ten years.
What are RMD's?
Beginning in the calendar year in which you turn 70½, you are required to withdraw a minimum amount of money from your tax-advantaged retirement accounts each year referred to as Required Minimum Distributions.
How do I plan for a Legacy Strategy?
Discuss with a Financial Consultant various legacy planning strategies.
How do I open an account?
A Financial Consultant from Citizens Investment Services can help you set up an account and will speak to you about the many investment options available to help you through the Retirement Income Planning process.