Jessica Turner is a guest writer for Citizens Bank, N.A. With the exception of direct quotes, any advice and opinions are of the guest writer.
You know her.
She does it all and we’re not sure how. And now you want to gift her something she will love and benefit from this holiday season, but don’t know where to begin.
You also want to make sure that you stay within your means. We all want to shower those we love with gifts, but how do you afford the right one without feeling the effects for months to come?
Stick to your budget
You might have a dollar amount you’d like to spend on gifts this holiday. But all it takes is going a bit overboard on your mom’s gift and you’re left scrambling. Do you go over budget? Cut back on someone else’s gift?
Or, you could eliminate that headache entirely by using the holiday gift calculator below to set and keep a budget.
Know the gifts to get
We’ve partnered with Jessica Turner, author of Stretched Too Thin: How Working Moms Can Lose the Guilt, Work Smarter, and Thrive, to help identify thoughtful gifts for the busy women in your life this holiday season. Every gift on this list was hand-selected because of the message it will send to its recipient — you matter, you are seen, you are special. She hopes these gifts make your shopping easy and your recipients feel loved.
- Bath bombs: My favorite way to relax is a hot bath with a bath bomb. These smell great and make the water divine for a long soak.
- May Designs notebook: Thin enough to fit in a purse or bag, yet large enough to write a lengthy to-do list or shopping list, May Designs makes my favorite notebook. The beautiful covers and personalization options make them perfect for gift giving.
- Photo ornament: Photo ornaments are easy to make and special to receive. They are also my favorite to put on the tree each year. These Shutterfly ornaments don’t disappoint.
- Magazine subscription: A magazine subscription is an affordable way to give someone a gift month after month. I’ve bought subscriptions for everyone from my mom to my son’s teacher.
- Book of the Month subscription: Busy women don’t always have time to monitor the latest book releases, but with Book of the Month, they don’t need to. As a subscriber for the past several years, I can vouch that the titles Book of the Month offers are always top notch.
- Photobarn 16x20 wood print: Creating a photo print for a wall is a gift that will bring smiles for years to come. I have Photobarn wood prints throughout my home and they are showstoppers. You’ll never buy a canvas again.
- Thistle Farms bath and body set: I love the mission of Thistle Farms, which employs women who’ve survived trafficking, prostitution, and addiction. Their products are spectacular and perfect for a woman who needs a little pampering.
- Slippers: What busy woman doesn’t yearn for products that encourage her to slow down and relax? These slippers are luxurious in all the best ways. They are top of my giving list this year.
- Noonday Jewelry: Noonday jewelry makes a great gift because it isn’t found in stores, it supports female artisans around the world, and it is gorgeous. My Noonday pieces are some of my favorite jewelry to wear.
- Spoonful of Comfort Soup: I love the practicality of giving a meal from Spoonful of Comfort. Not having to cook for a night or two is one of the best gifts you can give to a busy woman. Also, their chocolate cookies are as delicious as their soup offerings. Truly my favorite gift to give — and receive!
- Faux fur blanket: A fur blanket is the best way to cuddle up on a cold winter night, as its softness is unparalleled. This Anthropologie blanket is a gift that says “take time to relax” and will be enjoyed for many years.
- Holiday perfume sampler: Sometimes all it takes is a new perfume to make me feel great. Samples are perfect for travel for busy women. I love all the options in this Sephora sampler!
- Custom family illustration: Handmade + family is a total win in my book. A custom family illustration would be a treasure to receive and a true keepsake.
- Elsabet Work Tote by ABLE: ABLE’s leather bags are well made, chic, and incredibly versatile. I love the pockets and the butter soft leather. This is my go-to bag for work and travel.
- Lisa Leonard Nativity: This stunning nativity will become an heirloom passed down for generations. Made of pewter and covered in details like hearts and stars, I gasped when I opened the box. One of the most beautiful holiday gifts someone could receive.
- Echo Show: The Echo Show takes the popular Amazon Echo to a whole new level. I use it for everything, from getting the headlines while doing dishes, to listening to music, to keeping up with my shopping list. It’s been a game-changer for my busy life.
To learn more about our Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus® World Mastercard® or other products please call 1-888-333-5145, or Ask a Citizen at your nearest Citizens Bank branch.