Create an efficient and flexible way
to invest for college and grad school
– with possible tax advantages.
Start investing for your child’s education today.
Putting away enough money for your child’s education all starts with a smart plan. A Citizens Investment Services Financial Consultant can help you understand the investing options available to financing a higher education.
I am a person who:
- Has already started an investing plan for college, but needs more guidance to clearly understand my choices.
- Has a child or children who will be attending college more than 5 years from now, and is looking for options.
- Has more than $10,000 put away for education, but needs help developing appropriate strategy for me.
A Citizens Investment Services Financial Consultant will develop a customized strategy to help meet your education planning goals, which may include:
529 Account* The most popular way to save for college expenses, a 529 plan allows to you set aside regular contributions for your children’s education and withdrawal funds federally tax-free* for qualified education purposes.
*One should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses carefully before investing in municipal fund securities. More information about municipal fund securities is available in the issuer's official statement. The official statement should be read carefully before investing.
Custodial Account: Allows you to set aside money for a minor child, which he or she can use for any expenses including college.
You may also want to consider a Coverdell Education Account. Be sure to talk with a Financial Consultant to help you make the correct choice for your needs.
For access to professional investment managers, ask a Citizens Financial Consultant about our Managed Account Services – minimum $50,000 investable assets.
I am a person who:
- Has not yet started any type of savings plan or has not invested for education expenses.
- Will need assets to pay for college (in 3 - 5 years).
- Has less than $10,000 saved or invested for college planning needs.
Citizens Bank has a variety of options to help you achieve your short-term education savings goals that you can learn more about on our student services page
*Citizens Investment Services do not provide tax or legal advice. Please contact a tax or legal advisor for individual circumstances.